UCSB Receives NSF Award in Support of Undergraduate Data Science
The UCSB Current highlights a new grant to be led by Professor Michael Ludkovski
UCSB Professor Michael Ludkovski will lead the Pacific Alliance for Low-Income Inclusion in Statistics and Data Science (PALiSaDS). This 7-school cohort of West Coast universities aims to "broaden and diversify training for statistics and data science careers by providing a bridge between undergraduate and graduate programs." The project is funded by a $5 million, five-year grant from the National Science Foundation (award #2221421), which will provide scholarships to approximately 115 talented undergraduate students studying statistics and data science and provide continued support for at least 65 of them over two years of graduate studies.
The UCSB Current featured an article by Harrison Tasoff on October 13 that does a great job of summarizing this exciting, new effort.
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- University of California, Irvine
- California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
- University of Washington
- California State University, Monterey Bay
- California State University, East Bay
- San Diego State University