UC Santa Barbara
Support for student engagement in data science education and outreach activities and the development of a new curriculum.
UCSB's Data Science fellows program will organize and support an annual cohort of highly motivated data science students by engaging them in the data science education and outreach activities outside of their normally required coursework. Each fellow will assist in curriculum development or teaching, tutoring students of the introductory data science courses, visiting local high schools to talk about the data science profession and education, and organizing / participating in data science hackathons. We are targeting current sophomores and juniors for this fellowship program, aiming for a diverse and inclusive cohort.
UCSB Data Science Classes
- CMPSC 5A Foundations of Data Science 1
- CMPSC 5B Foundations of Data Science 2
- CMPSC 190DD, DE, DF Data Science Capstone Sequence
- PSTAT 10 Computing for Data Science
- PSTAT 115 Bayesian Data Analysis
- PSTAT 99 Independent Studies in Statistics
- PSTAT 131/231 Statistical Machine Learning
- PSTAT 134/234 Advanced Statistical Data Science
- PSTAT 135/235 Big Data Analysis
- English 238 The Humanities and Data Science
- MAT 259A Projects in Visualizing Information
- COMM 160DS Data Science Use in Communication Research
The application is currently closed.